- United States
- Timezone: GMT-6
Product manager. Polymath. Good human being.
“Men wanted: For hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success."
- Sir Ernest Shackleton, 1914
I’m a 3-time product manager, algorithm nerd and former developer. Currently defining a machine learning platform (hardware, algorithms, ecosystem).
- Domain knowledge: semiconductors, smartphones, IP, software, machine learning
- B2B product management: customer interviews, catalogs, margins, lifecycles, fulfillment, quality systems
- SaaS growth principles: MVPs, cohorts, CAC/LTV, landing pages, virality
When necessary, I still write my own code. I use both GitHub and BitBucket.
- Ruby/Rails, Linux, Python, Jupyter, Git/GitHub
Still dependent upon manuals, but comfortable:
- R, SciKit, CSVKit, Numeric Python (NumPy, SciPy, MatPlotLib)
Completed 1-2 ‘hello world’ examples. Definitely NOT expert:
- Angular.js (v1 & v2), Meteor.js, D3.js, Theano, Torch, TensorFlow, Jekyll, Bash
Many years ago:
- C++, Forth, Assembly (x86, 68K, RTX20xx), Common Lisp
Any one of 50 blogs in one window. Code in another. A Twitter stream in a third. (Subject to whether a college football game is on television.)